Top 5 things to know:
- Videos in WhatsApp cannot Erase your phone! Whatever the name of the video is. We can call them hoaxes, fake news or simply jokes and ignore them.
- One indirect way how users are tricked is by sending a branded e-mail as if it is from WhatsApp and saying that you have a “voice notification” and tricking you to download an attachment. Avoid unknown and unscanned attachments as always.
- Consider using a mobile security suite by throwing in a few bucks. Example: Norton.
- The images and videos themselves do not contain any virus in WhatsApp but any misleading hyperlinks can trick you do download a malware if your phone itself is vulnerable for such. Again, do have a realtime security suite running.
- Last but not least, do not install any unknown app. Period.
– Team Fakopedia.