TheGov.in is NOT same as The.Gov.in
- You can obviously see that the difference is ending .Gov.in (any such domain is handled officially by the National Informatics Center (NIC) of the Government of India.
- ICICIBank.com and ICICIBaank.com are different. You know what it is.
- Likewise, a lot of times we are tricked on our trust factor as human eyes do not check every character in a known word and quickly conclude what it is.
- That is it. Therefore this loophole in our meticulousness opens the door to a huge world of frauds by fraudsters and unethical hackers.
- It is reported that one such e-mail from a fake address is targeting tax payers to click on a link within it and submit bank details to return miscalculated taxes we paid.
The rules are just 2:
- Never click links in suspicious mails. Visit your banking site etc directly by typing the address in the browser.
- Check spellings of email addresses fully for legitimacy before responding to any messages purportedly from the Tax Department. Some are fake. Keep eyes open, no need to check any white/black list.
Team Fakopedia. TRUTH | READ | SPREAD (Do subscribe by email in the website or like our Facebook page or follow our Twitter handle. We will do our best to keep you upto date).