Indian android users are being tricked by this message: Uninstall Chinese UC Browser and install ‘INDIAN Browser’. It is good for our country.
- ‘Indian Browser’ App is owned by Shahid Adenwala from Abu Dhabi, UAE.(As per Google Play Store)
- This clickbait app is earning boatloads of money from numerous ads that flood the browser.
- Previous version of this app was titled ‘Adenwala Browser’, released on 6th Jun 2017. It barely received any takers.
- Most reviews openly state they gave the application a 5 star rating because it is ‘Indian’.
- With the word ‘Indian’ this app has successfully(maybe unintentionally) manipulated national sentiments of 40,000 Indians in a matter of 3 days.
Chronology of Events:
- An application called ‘Indian Browser’ hit play store on 17th Jul 2017.
- Viral messages pleaded Indians to boycott Chinese browsers and use ‘Indian Browser’
- Within 2 days this app received over 41,000+ reviews and a 4.1 rating on Google Play Store.
- Creator of the viral message is using current Indo-China discord to manipulate national sentiments of Indians.
- We Indians are blindly supporting a sub-standard application merely because it is allegedly Indian.
- In the process of supporting Indians, we are contributing to a foreign wallet.
Credit: Thank you Emerging Coders for creating awareness.