Here is the traditional “About Us”. And this page will change from time to time, though our foundational philosophy is immortal. TRUTH | READ | SPREAD.
- Fakopedia is a digital news channel(just a website as of June 2017). We use several techniques(both manual and AI-powered) to find/fight any fake news that is enjoying its spread.
- It is the brain child of Ashwin Palaparthi, a music composer by profession. Most of its incremental evolution is by Diana Fernandes, a content-writer by profession. And there is a growing base of social warriors in its semantic mission.
- Society is constantly getting damaged by Fake News. Yes. Come on. You know it. Most of what we get to read is completely fake in some cases, and misleading/unsubstantiated otherwise.
- If you really look at what people share in our imperative sharing systems (FB/Twitter/WhatsApp etc), a lot of it is invaded by some biased/compulsive emotions and are largely trap scenarios(identity skimming, brainwashing and so on).
- Knowingly or otherwise, mainstream media also falls prey to fake-news, and spreads it. May be some hungry business systems induce it– and what they cover leaves a shadow of doubt over their credibility in first-hand, even if we don’t chase the facts per se.
Well if you have read this far, today we are somewhat a closed group of social warriors who focus on demystifying misinformation that prevails in India and occasionally world over. You must partake in our collective endeavor to obtain these social objectives:
TRUTH: Discover what is Fake.
READ: Keep abreast with the Truth.
SPREAD: Share the Truth.
This is what Fakopedia is! We are sure you will “TRUTH READ SPREAD” our posts.