Sri Hariprasad ventures, a self proclaiming venture capitalist firm, invites entrepreneurs and startup ventures with disruptive ideas in the Fintech domain via flyers and posters in Bengaluru.
- shpventures.com is a satirical website by a person under the pseudo-name “Keeda” (bugger).
- The website itself mentions, “it is a parody” at the bottom of the page (http://shpventures.com/). But we don’t know what the ulterior motive could be.
- Although Venture Capitalists do turn to various mediums to discover ideas from budding entrepreneurs, “posters on trees and walls” are definitely NOT one of their mediums!
We know that 95% people who landed on that site would have seen it through, but we are worried about a possible damage, hence this report.
- The landing website – http://shpventures.com/
- Posters and Flyers (physical and digital)
- The needless mention of WhatsApp forwards and Facebook shares
Chronology of events
- In May 2017, flyers and posters were displayed around Bangalore’s Koramangala area, misleading numerous entrepreneurs who thronged the fake website (http://shpventures.com/) to obtain funds from a VC.
- Assuming this news to be authentic many shared the information with their group of entrepreneurs and acquaintances via messages.
- The site may have been misused to collect data information of budding entrepreneurs in Bengaluru’s buzzing Koramangala area which is India’s startup hotspot.
- Productive and unique startup ideas were deceivingly accumulated and stolen from creators.
- Entrepreneurs who shared their unique concepts and ideas were misled to believe that they were pitching to a VC for funds to kick-start their business plans.